SEATTLE, WA | SANTA BARBARA, CA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in either our Seattle or Santa Barbara offices.
Why We Need You
Our company is growing exceptionally fast, and we need your experience and skills to support our teams and help scale our business. Our complex, global supply chain is driven by inventory availability and your extraordinary inventory management skills will help us make the best possible decisions.
Your experience, creativity, passion and skills will dramatically increase product availability in our supply chain, allow us to become more data-driven in our decision-making and ultimately will unlock growth as we become more capable in our ability to fulfill customer demand.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be at the center of our global supply chain, where a network of suppliers located in the US, Mexico and Asia are continuously producing & shipping finished goods, accessories, components and spare parts to our 3PLs. You will be critical in building and implementing our future state of inventory management that will unlock world class performance. You will work closely with internal teams to ensure that our inventory plans and capabilities are aligned to meet the current and future needs of our customers.
Most importantly, you will serve as a key resource working to evolve our inventory management processes while we build for the future.
This role will provide you with excellent visibility and a strong chance to create game-changing contributions to the success of our company.
You need these qualifications
- 5+ years of inventory management experience with a track record of steadily growing responsibilities
- A strong background in inventory tracking, analysis, and measurement within a high velocity ecommerce company
- Meaningful experience analyzing inventory balances and allocation needs within a global operation
- Experience working within multiple software platforms to monitor and review data vital to supporting your decisions around inventory management
- Solid understanding of the role that inventory management plays in demand and supply planning processes
- Experience running cycle count processes, exception reporting and root cause analysis
- Understand how to optimally balance inventory across global locations
- You have outstanding statistical, verbal and written communication skills.
- You are a tenacious problem solver and have the ability to steer problem resolution to root cause and implement continuous improvement
- You love working in teams and thrive on collaboration with a forward-thinking and supportive team
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if…
- You have experience setting up critical processes for managing inventory flow and optimization in enterprise software environments using Shopify and Netsuite
- You have experience in fast-growing environments in the consumer electronics industry.
- You are creative and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
Send us a resume (with a cover letter) or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.