Inside Sales Manager
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time hourly plus commission position based in the US.
Why we need you?
We have the best customers. It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s positively true.
Every month thousands of people want to become our customers. But lots of them need someone to talk to, and today we have a phenomenal way to answer. These folks might want help choosing the model that’s a flawless fit for them. Maybe they want to learn about how to start a business with their Glowforge. They might want to ask about how it works or just to hear a friendly voice to make sure they’re doing the right thing before they invest and start their way on their outstanding creative journey.
Without you, all these excited potential customers may never know what it’s like to own a Glowforge. You’re the one who can help them fulfill their dreams.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You love sales and startups and you balance best practices with experimentation and confidence with humility. You’re passionate about being a team of one but enjoys working closely with others.
- Quickly learn all about Glowforge and our customers, from the depths of the technology to the delight of how they use it.
- When people considering a Glowforge printer reach out, you’ll make sure they get answers that make it easy to choose the printer that’s right for them. You’ll respond effectively to hesitation and objections, too.
- Work with future customers in our CRM, email campaigns, incoming mail and inbound calls.
- Work directly with end consumers, build an effective pipeline, and schedule meetings to close when necessary.
- Consistently meet/exceed sales quotas within specified time frame.
- Maintain detailed records in our CRM.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as needed.
You need these qualifications
- You’re a phenomenal salesperson with years of experience persuading people to buy things.
- You have a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with CRM tools to move inbound inquiries across a sales funnel and up-sell.
- Hard-working, driven, and self-motivated.
- You’ve assisted lots of people through purchase decisions and have ideas about how to raise conversion rates and happiness simultaneously.
- You write well, communicate clearly, and listen like a champion.
It would be nice if
- You know other folks that share your passion for inside sales.
- You have experience selling hardware.
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
- You have worked at a startup or fast-growing technology company.
We'd love to hear from you or LinkedIn link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re passionate about doing with us! There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of a diverse group of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We look after each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.
Have questions? Email us. Or check out the rest of the current openings.