Inside Sales Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this alluring city.
Why we need you?
- We have the best customers. It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s absolutely true.
- Every month thousands of people want to become our customers. But lots of them need someone to talk to, and today we don’t really answer. These folks might want help choosing the model that’s a perfect fit for them. Maybe they want to learn about how to start a business with their Glowforge. They might want to ask about how it works or just to hear a friendly voice to make sure they’re doing the right thing before they invest and start their way on their amazing creative journey.
- Without you, all these excited potential customers may never know what it’s like to own a Glowforge. You’re the one who can help them fulfill their dreams.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You love sales and startups and you balance best practices with experimentation and confidence with humility. You’re passionate about being a team of one until there’s a reason to add teammates. You’re also a strong team leader and are ready to scale out what you learn and teach it to others as we grow.
- You are the first step in building our inside sales team. As the player/coach you’ll learn what Glowforge is currently doing with our constant flow of leads and resolve the best way to communicate with our customers. You’ll build on our standard methodologies and grow a team that grows our business. You will be doing the following:
- Quickly learn all about Glowforge and our customers, from the depths of the technology to the delight of how they use it.
- When people considering a Glowforge printer reach out, you’ll make sure they get answers that make it easy to choose the printer that’s right for them. You’ll respond effectively to hesitation and objections, too.
- Author useful, persuasive, and engaging written communications to help our customers understand how amazing Glowforge can be for them.
- Define standard methodologies for sales at Glowforge: continually improve processes and messaging for different audiences while providing clear and accurate reporting.
- Hire, coach, and lead the sales organization to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded while customers are delighted.
- Share your observations, learnings and recommendations across the company to improve our marketing, product and service.
You need these qualifications
- You have a relevant four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You’re phenomenal at inside sales and have 5+ years of direct experience.
- You are an experienced and effective manager who’s grown and mentored teams for years. Your past team members are eager to work for you again.
- You can build a staffing plan, recruit to fill it, manage to a budget, and report metrics in ways that make everyone you work with feel confident in your operation.
- You’ve assisted lots of people through purchase decisions and have ideas about how to raise conversion rates and happiness simultaneously.
- You write well, communicate clearly, and listen like a champion.
It would be nice if
- You know other folks that share your passion for inside sales.
- You have experience selling hardware.
- You have sold to consumers and to businesses.
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You’ve worked with 3D printers, CNC mills, laser cutter/engravers, or other fabrication technology.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
- You have worked at a startup or fast-growing technology company.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re passionate about doing with us! There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.