Inside Sales Associate - Contract Role
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time hourly plus commission contract position based in the US, flexible on location.
Why we need you?
We have the best customers. It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s absolutely true.
Every month thousands of people want to become our customers. But lots of them need someone to talk to, and today we have a great way to answer. These folks might want help choosing the model that’s a perfect fit for them. Maybe they want to learn about how to start a business with their Glowforge. They might want to ask about how it works or just to hear a friendly voice to make sure they’re doing the right thing before they invest and start their way on their amazing creative journey.
Without you, all these excited potential customers may never know what it’s like to own a Glowforge. You’re the one who can help them fulfill their dreams.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You love sales and startups and you balance best practices with experimentation and confidence with humility. You’re passionate about being a team of one but enjoys working closely with others.
- Quickly learn all about Glowforge and our customers, from the depths of the technology to the delight of how they use it. When people considering a Glowforge printer reach out, you’ll make sure they get answers that make it easy to choose the printer that’s right for them. - - You’ll respond effectively to hesitation and objections, too. Use persuasive and engaging written communications to help our customers understand how amazing Glowforge can be for them. Prospect leads from our CRM, email campaigns, incoming mail and inbound calls.
- Work directly with end consumers, build an effective pipeline, and schedule meetings to close when necessary. Consistently meet/exceed sales quotas within specified time frame.
- Maintain detailed records in our CRM.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as needed.
You need these qualifications
- You’re a phenomenal salesperson with years of experience persuading people to buy things.
- You have a 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with CRM tools to move inbound inquiries across a sales funnel and up-sell.
- Enthusiastic, determined, and self-motivated.
- Committed to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent strategic/consultative sales skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- Must have a thick skin and a strong, professional presence on the phone.
- You have sold directly to consumers.
- You’ve assisted lots of people through purchase decisions and have ideas about how to raise conversion rates and happiness simultaneously.
- You write well, communicate clearly, and listen like a champion.
It would be nice if
- You know other folks that share your passion for inside sales.
- You have experience selling hardware.
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You’ve worked with 3D printers, CNC mills, laser cutter/engravers, or other fabrication technology.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
- You have worked at a startup or fast-growing technology company.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.