Head of Strategic Sourcing
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Do you find yourself limited in your ability to make a massive impact? If so, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our company is growing incredibly fast, and we need your experience and leadership skills to build our team and capabilities needed to scale our operations. We are looking for a technically savvy strategic sourcing leader to help us transform the magic created in our labs into real products - manufactured by a world-class set of suppliers and manufacturing partners. Selecting and developing the right partners and suppliers are some of the most strategic and vitally important decisions we make anywhere in our company!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be leading a small, mighty and international sourcing team working cross-functionally to develop and scale our sourcing strategies, processes, plans and metrics.
Doing this well means being able to find extraordinary partners who are strategically aligned with us from a business, commercial, technology and cultural standpoint. You will identify emerging technologies and global supply trends, partner with our product development team to engage early in the product development process and find, assess, and lead the selection process for our key partners.
It also means leading internally - making sure we have a well organized and articulated sourcing processes, clear criteria and strong partnerships with other departments such as Engineering and Quality.
Most importantly, you will attract, hire, retain, and develop a team of commodity and technical sourcing professionals that are specialists in our core technology areas. You and your team will impact the company’s business results by driving continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery and technology across our entire supply chain.
- Minimum 12 years of product development, engineering, manufacturing and/or supply chain management experience, with at least 5 years experience in a sourcing leadership role within a consumer electronics company
- Experience successfully setting up, managing and scaling a network of key suppliers and contract manufacturers - including negotiating all commercial terms, statements of work, and agreements
- Strong executive presence and ability to operate on a strategic level with top-level executives from both large and small companies
- Proven leadership skills - experience building and leading high performance teams during periods of rapid growth and change
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience
It would be nice if…
- You have a mix of both large company, high volume experience, coupled with high growth, smaller company experience
- You are creative and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers
- You have an advanced degree in business, technology management, supply chain management or equivalent
Send us a resume (with a cover letter) or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you.
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.