Head of Recruiting
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you:
Every company brags about its people and culture. So we understand if you’re skeptical when we say that we have truly exceptional, diverse, and amazing people. Folks who are so skilled and capable that they could work anywhere they choose, but choose Glowforge because they believe so strongly in the culture, mission, values, and impact that they can have on the world.
This team has created massive growth in our business while transforming the lives of its customers with empowering technology. From schools to crafters to entrepreneurs, our customers look to us for technology that they tell us changes their lives.
We need you to keep us growing. Growing our team. Growing our mission. Growing our impact. At our heart, our company is our team - and you’re the person who can help us grow to be our best.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll join to lead our small recruiting team and help us on our journey to grow this company with amazing people, while building a diverse and inclusive culture. You’re the sort of person who networks intuitively, and you know how to excite people about a really great opportunity. You’ve recruited for a broad catalog of positions, technical and otherwise, and you’ll be comfortable leading the team that grows verticals including engineering, marketing, supply chain, finance, and more.
More specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Hire, manage, grow, and lead the amazing recruiting team for the company.
- Teach your team how to connect with diverse, effective and hardworking people who would make our company better in every way.
- Collaborate closely with hiring managers throughout the recruiting process to ensure their hiring needs and goals are being met.
- Set goals, oversee pipeline activity, and share data-centric updates with your peers in company leadership.
- Recommend ideas and strategies for recruitment that will contribute to the growth of the organization and our goals of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- You still love recruiting and roll up your sleeves to support hiring key roles throughout the company
- At least 10 years of recruiting experience, including at least 5 years of hiring and managing a combination of internal and outsourced recruiters.
- You are personally, passionately committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You've been a part of highly selective organizations that take months of rigorous and thoughtful interviewing before filling a role.
- You have experience recruiting for technical and non-technical roles, including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting.
- You believe exceptional candidate experiences lead to exceptional hires.
- You’re eager to build an extraordinary company with us!
It would be nice if:
- You have hardware and/or software specific recruiting experience.
- You have worked at a startup.
- You have run executive searches.
- You love making things with your hands - 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.