Head of People
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
Why We Need You
Our company is passionately committed to delivering a magical product to millions of customers around the world. We love our customers and are inspired by them every day (check them out for yourself and see why).We're on our way to creating a multibillion dollar public company that transforms the way the world economy works and unlocks the creativity in each of us. We'll only succeed if you join us to build, inspire, and elevate the team that makes it possible.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You will be heading the Glowforge People Operations function as the company scales up from its small, scrappy roots. More than scaling our processes, you'll be instrumental in scaling our culture.
You'll be reporting to our CEO, someone who cares passionately about building culture, processes, and teams that support people in doing their best work. While there, you'll set the vision, mission, and goals for your team, and hire the people who will help us to grow and shine.Our product is in such high demand that we can barely keep up with our customers' orders- we'll need your help to scale the rest of the company to match. At the same time, you'll be working closely with the CEO to understand how our team works best together and how they could work better together, to find ways to preserve and grow what's best about our culture as we scale.
- Lead with empathy and humility, and be a role model for others to do the same
- Infuse our four cultural cornerstones in everything we do; from policies and trainings, to talent management and engagement.
- Track and drive improvement in the metrics that indicate the health of our team, including our goals around diversity and inclusion
- Coach and mentor our managers to become better leaders and provide their employees with the support they need to be successful
- Join the leadership team and serve as an advisor on key initiatives
This is a full-time role in Seattle. Not from around here? We're happy to help you relocate to this incredible city.
- 10+ years of experience in HR and 5+ years leading HR teams
- Previous experience as a member of the senior leadership team
- Empathetic communicator who connects easily with people of all different backgrounds, skills, roles, and perspectives
- Excitement about the values and mission of our company, and the ability to inspire others to feel the same
- Previous experience at a company going through rapid growth
It would be nice if...
- You have excelled at both startups and big companies
- You have experience building out Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity programs and initiatives
- You're a fountain of knowledge about employment law
- You are passionate about rewarding people without bias through compensation plans
- You love creating programs for learning and development that help your employees and organization grow
- You can't wait to get a Glowforge of your very own!
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us what you enjoy most about the HR field and what attracted you to this particular role.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.