Head of People
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other.
We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
Over the last six years, Glowforge has built a joyful and inclusive employee culture that created spectacular products and delight for our customers. As we've continued our rocketship growth, that's meant continually reinventing our policies, our benefits, and our practices to stay true to our cornerstones.
That's where you come in!You're here to listen thoughtfully; design programs creatively; administer them evenhandedly; and support our company joyfully.
We will never be better than the people we nurture, grow, and support. We need you for this one simple task: to help us continue to be our best selves as we serve our customers and the world.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Hire, manage, grow, and lead the amazing HR team for our company.
- Teach your team how to build and administer programs for our diverse, effective and hardworking Glowfolk.
- Build an HR Business Partner practice supporting our teams in aligning talent strategy with strategic business goals.
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve for talent and organization solutions
- Design and execute core People Ops processes - from onboarding to employee experience to creating and living out people programs at Glowforge
- Partner with the Recruiting team to maintain a seamless and wonderful candidate experience as we recruit, onboard, and grow new Glowfolk
- Assess organizational needs and ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a part of every facet of the employee experience
You need these qualifications
- You are a senior Human Resources professional, with a minimum of 10 years of dedicated Human Resources experience and 5 years of experience managing HR professionals.
- Experience initiating or shifting programs and policies for compliance with employment laws, regulations, policies to best fit a multi-office or remote-based company
- Work to influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization in sensitive situations without damaging relationships
- Support managers in handling conversations regarding career growth and compensation surrounding their employees
- Inherently organized and open to process improvements (and initiations) in people strategies and initiatives
It would be nice if
- You have experience with compensation tools and talent acquisition
- You have built performance plan policies in the past
- You’ve worked for a startup and have an eye toward business scalability and recruiting for the future
- You have experience with remote-first and/or international expansions
Equal opportunity employment
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us!