Head of Customer Service & Support
Remote - U.S. - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why we need you
Our vision is a world where anyone can print anything. You’re the one who makes that possible.
Our products are beautiful, intuitive, delightful, and empowering. Our customers hail from all walks of life, ranging from crafters to entrepreneurs to engineers to kindergartners (and their parents). And sometimes, they need a little help.
You can build the team that shines a light when they’re a little lost in the dark. You know how to coach support teams to be quick, helpful, friendly, supportive, and efficient - delivering delight to the amazing people we serve.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
As the Head of our Customer Success team, you'll play a crucial role in delivering our promise of an experience that is as easy as it is delightful. As part of the Glowforge leadership, you set team goals, decide on key customer-centered initiatives, and bring these to life with your team.
You'll leverage data for key insights and relentlessly pursue performance and operational excellence to deliver the highest quality of service. Plus, you lead the way in building a strong and diverse team, fostering a supportive environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Defining team goals and customer-focused strategies in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Identifying trends and insights from historical data to inform strategy.
- Nurturing a high-performing team of technical, service, and customer experience leaders.
- Facilitating data-driven decisions that correspond with our growth and customer needs.
- Finding and onboarding an outsourcing partner who can help us extend our hours and support coverage
You need these qualifications:
- You have at least 10 years of experience leading Customer Success organizations (i.e., both technical and support agents), plus a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You’ve built customer service organizations that are efficient and beloved.
- You have successfully onboarded an outsourced customer service team.
- Your past team members found you to be inspiring, efficient, and helpful, and would love to work for you again.
- You’re renowned for your integrity, ability to motivate, flexibility, and writing strong executive summaries and proposals.
- You have experience supporting consumer products.
It would be nice if...
- You have worked at a startup and/or a hardware company.
- You have working knowledge of common customer data platforms, sources, tools (i.e. Tableau, NetSuite, Shopify, etc).
- You have a passion for making things
In your cover letter, please tell us about a time you have dealt with a major change in team size in your previous roles - either scaling up or down. Tell us about the challenging decisions you made to manage this change. Discuss what you considered, how you developed or supported the team, and the key metrics you used to make those decisions.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.