Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us!
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and new employees are expected to relocate to this wonderful city.
Why We Need You
As Glowforge enters a new chapter of growth, we are building new products that will deliver our magic to more people than ever before. Whether we’re creating the first development prototypes of an exciting new product, or testing existing products to improve the quality of our products, our success depends on our ability to build custom hardware to validate our designs.
You’re an important part of the team in this effort. We need your expertise to help create the innovation that improves our product quality and delights our customers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As a Hardware Technician, you’ll be part of the team involved in the design, prototyping, and testing of new and existing mechatronic systems to help us deliver a high-quality consumer product.
This role will require the individual to be multifaceted in hardware from mechanical and electronics assemblies to building custom solutions using innovative ideas. This will require working closely with Engineers across various teams to create hardware solutions and perform meticulous testing under minimal direction.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Running validation testing on new and existing designs, collecting test data, and reporting using clear documentation
- Supporting the Engineering design team by reviewing prototype designs for testability and manufacturability
- Maintaining general machine shop and electronics lab through general cleanliness and organization of the workplace, equipment maintenance and purchasing spares and raw materials as needed
You need these qualifications
- Have at least an associate's degree in a technical field or equivalent training and experience
- Have built and handled prototype hardware for development and validation purposes
- Are proficient with most engineering shop hand tools for both mechanical and electrical manufacturing
- Are capable of building assemblies using your understanding of 3D and 2D drawings and electronics schematics
- Know basic electronics and can populate Printed Circuit Boards with thru-hole and surface-mount components
It would be nice if you…
Have helped deploy functional test equipment to a high volume production environment
Have experience in consumer electronics, robotics or other mechatronics applications Possess practical experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems Are passionate about making things: woodworking, 3D printing, welding, or anything related Have experience working with a wide variety of materials from metal to plastics
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of a diverse group of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us!