Growth Engineering Tech Lead
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why we need you
We want everyone to experience the magic of printing things on a Glowforge. Our mission means making our products more affordable, easy to purchase, and appealing to everyone around the world.
Most of our new customers don’t know about Glowforge before they visit our site. You are the key person building the technology that brings that message to the world: the incredible possibilities of what you can create, how you can engage your family and community, and how spectacularly simple it is to use. You will transform our website so that every customer can dive deep, choose their own adventure, and fall in love with Glowforge!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be the tech lead of a small team of e-commerce developers working to deliver extraordinary shopping experiences, and reliable integrations to help our amazing customers in their journey of creation. As a tech lead you are on point for mentoring, architecture, partnering with our product managers, and creating a kind and high-velocity engineering environment. You will work closely marketers to follow the data and make Glowforge a world-class brand. That means:
- Leading the development of custom, high-value hero pages that bring the Glowforge experience to life
- Enabling marketers to build high converting landing pages at scale - and making sure those pages meet standards of performance, SEO, and accessibility
- Rapidly iterating on experiments to optimize conversion at all stages of our flywheel
- Owning the big picture of our marketing technology stack - CRM, ESP, optimization, personalization, data routing, analytics – in close partnership with Growth and Sales
- Customizing our Shopify storefront and adding new features as needed
- Safely handling our customer’s personal information
You need these qualifications
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 10 years of professional experience in developing large-scale retail e-commerce systems at a consumer / retail company
- You and your team have been directly responsible for revenue goals
- You have partnered with multiple internal partners such as marketing, sales, accounting, and logistics, effectively presenting schedules and trade-offs.
It would be nice if…
- You know Shopify PlusYou have worked for a company that sells both physical and digital goodsYou have experience at a start-up or a fast-paced, growing company.
- You’ve led a team
- You’ve started your own business
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account is fine. We can’t wait to meet you.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.