Global Logistics Manager
SEATTLE, WA | SANTA BARBARA, CA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference. Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in either our Seattle or Santa Barbara offices.
Why We Need You
Imagine being a passionate Maker who is planning out their holiday gift plan and decides in July to purchase a Glowforge to make those beautiful gifts. Now it's on us to help make that dream come true and it sets off a series of carefully orchestrated events where components, printer, Proofgrade material and an air filter move all over the world, so they can receive their setup at the right time and the right place.
Now multiply that scenario by tens of thousands and you will see why this complex system requires a magnificent logistics team which you will build. You are critical to not only our success but also the success of thousands of Makers and creators!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Our company is growing especially fast, and so is our complex, global supply chain. We need you, an experienced logistics leader to set up and run our transportation, warehouse and distribution network.
You’ll be the critical connection point for our global supply chain team as you coordinate and lead distribution across multiple continents and multiple distribution models such as direct to consumer (DTC), business to business (B2B) and business to business to consumer (B2B2C).
Your expertise in network design will allow us to architect and establish logistics flows that optimize for agility, flexibility, cost and time-to-consumer. You will also manage all the key partners that drive our logistics network.
You will work collaboratively with supply chain ops, sales, finance and customer success teams to ensure we are consistently meeting the current and future needs of our business.
Most importantly, you will build and mentor a team, hiring outstanding talent and helping those team members do the work of a lifetime!
You need these qualifications
- 7+ years of logistics management experience with a track record of increasing responsibilities leading up to at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Experienced hiring and developing extraordinary talent and building collaborative teams supporting global operations.
- Experienced running inventory cycle counts, annual physicals & audits.
- Background of successfully negotiating master services agreements for third party providers and running global logistics partners.
- Significant experience managing all modes of transportation: small parcel, large parcel, air freight and ocean freight.
- Prior experience managing international shipments: Customs clearance process, Duties, Tariffs, Value Added Tax (VAT), and customs bonded transactions.
- You love working in teams and thrive on collaboration with a forward-thinking and supportive team.
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if…
- You have leadership experience in fast-growing environments in the consumer electronics industry.
- You are creative and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
- You have a degree in supply chain management or equivalent.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.