Full Stack Software Engineer, Manufacturing
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
We'd love to have you join us.
Why We Need You
Many of the most magical features of the Glowforge come from the calibrations and testing we do at the factory. We need to intimately understand the whole system, so we can be sure it’s performing correctly in the field.
Our team is built with people who have broad software experience, but we particularly want your passion and thoughtfulness around our end-to-end web stack in manufacturing. While you’ll do lots of things here, you will tackle problems at every layer of a full-featured web stack, and will spread your knowledge and experience through a manufacturing organization that is eager to learn. Your work will help us make every Glowforge better, giving our customers the great experience they expect from us.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Scaling our current manufacturing software and helping us design and build the next versions of it.
- Analyzing our many different kinds of data to determine trends in our manufacturing process and help us make crucial business decisions.
- Working closely with the hardware team to understand the capabilities of our product and help unlock its potential.
- Participating in planning sessions with the whole product team and can help build the user stories, requirements and specifications that will drive development.
You need these qualifications
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Electrical Computer Engineering or a related field.
- You’ve been responsible for shipping a web product that people love.
- You’re excited about being personally responsible for making Glowforge successful.
- You’re comfortable navigating ambiguity that arises in a startup environment, adjusting to changing priorities, and moving confidently even when guidance is limited.
- You’re passionate about writing great software… and still know that you sometimes have to make some tradeoffs to ship quickly.
It would be nice if…
- You’re experienced with back-end server technologies and designing for testability, maintainability, scalability, and security-ility.
- You’re interested in learning about big data analytics and creating data pipelines. Even better if you have some experience with SQL and Python.
- You’re familiar with hardware challenges like drivers, motion controller algorithms, and/or low-level code.
Please send us your resume, plus something, so we can get a sense of your work. If you've got things to show off, please share them too: a demo video of one of your cool projects, your active GitHub account, some code that you’re especially proud of, etc.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.