Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference. Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We are striving to create a business that will last for decades! For that, we must balance forward thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and rigorous controls - and that’s where you come in. By helping us track our inventory and costs against the plan and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, you can ensure that we don’t lose sight of the fundamentals because of our rocketship growth. Your work is essential to our long-term success.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
As a passionate, hands-on Financial Analyst you will be an intricate part of the finance team owning a myriad of high-touch responsibilities, both tactical and strategic. Your work will have a broad impact, improving on current procedures and creating processes that others will follow.
Although there is no crystal ball into the future you will be the next best thing, helping analyze our financial results in order to assist in the creation of data-backed financial projections. You will investigate our financial transactions to understand trends and identify anomalies. You will also collect and analyze information from disparate sources across the company providing a robust understanding of both causation and correlation of our financial past, present and future.
You will be responsible for unique financial projects and will need to understand and operate our accounting system and e-commerce platforms. You will report to the Director of Finance.
Finally, you will help improve our financial performance by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management. Your financial dashboard will be shared with leadership and used broadly with the company.
Do you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars in pre-orders to billions in revenue? If so, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience and at least 2 years focused on financial analysis
- Experience working with financial models, preparing financial reports, and working in forecast systems
- Experience with financial modeling techniques such as net present value analysis, discounted cash flows, and various ratio analysis
- A good foundation in financial reporting, GAAP accounting and are an excel whiz and familiar with accounting systems
- You’re eager to develop a world-changing company with us!
It Would Be Nice If
- You have or are working towards a CFA
- You have prior financial analysis experience with a start-up, a manufacturing company or both
- You have public accounting or investment banking experience
- You have prior experience in NetSuite, Tableau, Metbase or Adaptive Insights
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.