Executive Assistant to the CEO
Remote - Seattle - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role that is remote in Seattle, Washington.
Why we need you
Our company has grown incredibly fast, from a dozen folks when we launched to ~120 people and counting today. Our CEO has nonstop meetings all day, and works late into the night. Your help is needed! You’ll be the secret behind their success: organizing their life, schedule, work, and travel to make them, and our company, successful.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’ll be primarily focused on making our CEO’s day (and late night) work as productive and focused as possible. Your responsibilities will span both executive and personal assistant responsibilities. Your superpower is the ability to make order out of chaos, while being flexible enough to pivot on a dime when there's a need for change at the eleventh hour.
It’s not uncommon that you’ll need to pull together a last-minute trip to some far-flung destination where you’ll be at the decision-making helm for last-minute ticket bookings, contingency planning logistics, and prioritizing the inevitable calendar reshuffle, etc. If you can picture yourself handling situations like these with calm and deft, this job is for you.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff to the CEO, you’ll interact with our entire Leadership Team and with the many and varied people that interact with Dan. As a result, you will often find yourself:
- Applying your keen attention to detail to deliver outcomes
- Using your deft communication skills on emails, messaging, and informal chats with guests
- Taking pride in your efficient administrative work with expense reports, ordering, heavy scheduling, travel booking, and so much more.
- Diving into doing what needs to be done that day
- Calling in reinforcements when the usual hectic flow of work turns torrential.
You need these qualifications
- At least 3 years in a role where you provided personal or executive assistance
- Excellent office computer skills (we use G Suite, but experience with any office software will do)
- Outstanding writing skills, with writing samples you can share
- Attitude of voracious problem solving
- Experience working where discretion and confidentiality were required
- Charisma and an intuitive ability to connect with people - you can easily jump into conversation with almost anyone
- The kindness and strength to make people feel better when you communicate bad news
- A current Driver’s License
- The ability to provide on-call evening and weekend support
It would be nice if...
- You love technology - programming, building things, experimenting with what’s new
- You have creative or artistic skill (e.g. photography, sculpture, videography)
- You are passionate about making things - sewing, woodworking, scrap-booking, etc.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.