Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
As an Executive Assistant at Glowforge, you’ll have an opportunity to not only work at one of the most exciting startups in Seattle, but to take on critical responsibilities assisting the executive team. Because we’re growing quickly, we can provide you with challenges and opportunities as fast as you can learn!
This role requires attention to detail, great organizational skills, discretion, and good judgment…and a good sense of humor will be helpful as well! Most importantly, though, we’re looking for enthusiastic learners, who can pick up new skills and ideas quickly and put them to great use. You’ll be working in a fast-paced team environment, where long hours may be required, and where multitasking is the norm.
Why we need you:
Our company has grown incredibly fast, from a dozen folks when we launched to 85 people and counting today. But we need your help. Our opportunities outnumber our hours in the day, and the CEO and leadership team are as busy as they can possibly be - and yet still there’s more work to be done. You’re the one who makes our success possible by unlocking our ability to do our best work together.
You’ll be doing this:
- Working closely with the Chief of Staff and CEO on managing the CEO’s calendar, travel, events, plans, errands, and meetings
- Communicating with VIPs including investors, partners, and even the occasional celebrity to help coordinate events and activities
- Coordinating major company meetings, like our company-wide all-hands
- Supporting the rest of the executive team by helping with organizing information, and coordinating their fast-changing and busy calendars
- Arranging travel for executives and guests of the company
- Creating and handling expense reports
- Anything else that needs doing!
You need these core qualifications:
- You have excellent office computer skills.
- You have accomplished something amazing. It can be just about anything, including academic achievement, a social media channel with a huge following, a small business you created, an incredible invention, or anything that demonstrates that you’re capable of the extraordinary.
- You are passionate about making things - sewing, woodworking, scrapbooking, or anything else.
It would be nice if:
- Technology experience (e.g. programming, 3D printing, website design)
- Savvy about metrics and/or data (e.g. Excel, Google Analytics, Tableau)
- Relevant work experience (executive assistance, travel management, office management)
- Creative or artistic skill (e.g. photography, sculpture, videography)
- You’ve worked in and/or understand the challenges of a start-up.
This job has top notch medical/dental/vision coverage, stock options, and free lunches every day, on top of exciting projects and great team members.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter telling us about some of your accomplishments that you're proud of!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you will join us.