Engineering Program Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why We Need You
As Glowforge enters a new chapter of growth, we are building new products that will deliver our magic to more people than ever before. We need you to make this possible, and help us bring these new products to the world!
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
As Engineering Program Manager, you’ll be responsible for orchestrating the symphony that is designing, building and delivering an outstanding consumer product. You’ll be working hand in hand with colleagues, across departments, to guide the product development schedule. Specifically, you will:
- Build and manage the development plan for the hardware products critical to our company’s future
- Align the company-wide go-to-market plan, including the Product, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Manufacturing and Customer Success departments
- Be the primary point of contact for vendors and manufacturing partners
- Quickly address challenges typical in complex product development efforts, utilizing your collaborative problem solving techniques and agility in times of uncertainty
- Improve our hardware development process and tools to guide our future efforts
- Craft a project team environment built on the values of healthy accountability, a focus on the customer, and a passion for quality
- Communicate project status and updates to a diverse group of stakeholders, including company leadership.
You’ll need these qualifications
- You have at least 5 years of hardware project management experience, and a four-year technical degree (or equivalent experience)
- You have orchestrated high visibility consumer hardware product launches, delivering beloved product into the hands of many delighted customers
- You have worked in a start-up environment
- You have built project plans from scratch, involving multiple disciplines and spanning many months
- You have a list of successes from collaborating with manufacturing teams
- You can effectively assimilate technical information via hardware, manufacturing and software engineers, and commit that knowledge to updating the project plan as needed
- You have facilitated critical decisions, with millions of dollars at stake
- You’ve worked on projects where hardware and software was seamlessly integrated to create a remarkable customer experience
It would be nice if…
- You have previous experience working as a hardware engineer
- You have skills and experience collaborating with suppliers and vendors in Asia
- You’ve got a deep and abiding passion for creating things yourself - with lasers, sewing machines, art supplies, shop tools, or anything else
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you can join us.