Electrical Engineering Technician
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
Why We Need You
As Glowforge enters a new chapter of growth, we are building new products that will deliver our magic to more people than ever before. We need your help to make this possible, and to help us to support our existing products in use around the world!
The quality of our product depends on our ability to build prototypes, test fixtures, and validation designs with our own bare hands. Whether we’re creating the first development prototypes of an exciting new product, designing solutions to shore up our existing products, or scaling up our testing systems to support enormous production quantities, your contribution will be crucial to these efforts. Without your ability to build, prototype, and test our high-performance designs, we will never truly reach our full potential.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As an Electrical Engineering Technician, you’ll be part of the team involved in the design, testing and troubleshooting of new and existing mechatronic systems to help us deliver a high quality consumer product. Additionally you will be responsible for:
- Prototyping ideas and quickly iterating on designs including testing and debugging in a state-of-the-art electronics lab
- Helping diagnose existing designs for root cause issues and providing engineering advice on the way forward
- Running validation testing, collecting data, and authoring clear documentation
- Replicating test fixture builds and supporting ongoing test fixture maintenance
You need these qualifications
- At least 2 years experience and a Technical or Associates degree in Electrical, Electromechanical, Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with soldering and assembly of SMT and through-hole electronic components
- Proven experience using electronics equipment such as Oscilloscope, DMM, Power Supply etc.
- Practical experience solving problems involving electro-mechanical systems
It would be nice if you have..
- A passion for making things – sewing, woodworking, scrapbooking, or anything else
- Some experience working in an electronics lab building circuit boards from bare PCB to fully tested products
- Some experience troubleshooting faulty electronics circuits with minimal mentorship
- Some mechanical design experience using tools such as CNC milling machines, 3D printers, vinyl cutters etc.
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. Also, please send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us.