Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
As Glowforge enters a new chapter of growth, we are building new products that will deliver our magic to more people than ever before. We need you to make this possible, and help us bring these new products to the world!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As an Electrical Engineer, you’ll be part of the team involved in the design, testing and troubleshooting of new and existing: analog, high-speed digital and mixed-signal circuits to help us deliver a high quality consumer product. You’ll be interacting with colleagues across departments to help develop electronics for existing product design improvements and crafting electronics designs for new products.
Specifically, you will be:
- Prototyping ideas and quickly iterating on designs including testing and debugging in a state-of-the-art electronics lab
- Collaborating with the Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Test Engineering teams to design new products
- Authoring documents that detail the performance of electronics circuit designs
- Helping diagnose existing designs for root cause issues and providing engineering advice on the way forward
You need these qualifications
- 2+ years of industry experience and a four-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrable experience using an ECAD package, such as Altium Designer, OrCad, Cadence, KiCAD e.t.c. for schematics, simulation, and PCB design
- Some experience using electronics equipment such as Multichannel Oscilloscope, DMM, Signal generator e.t.c.
It would be nice if you have...
- At least 2 years of electronics design experience
- Tinkered with off-the-shelf development kits such as Arduino, Beagleboard, RaspberryPi
- Developed using embedded systems languages e.g. Visual Basic, C/C++ and/or scripting languages like Python
- Some experience with mixed signal (analog and digital) design principles
- Some experience working with low power embedded system designs including component selection
- Some mechanical design experience and understanding of how integrate mechanical constraints into your designs
- Experience with soldering and assembly of SMT and through-hole electronic components
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. Also, please send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com.
We hope you can join us.