Education Account Manager
Remote - Full-TimeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech best-in-class or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creating. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time remote Education Inside Sales Account Manager role.
Why We Need You
We have the best customers. It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s so true.
Envision the difference you can make, inspiring the future generation of makers and creators in the education space. Educators and learners have ideas that inspire innovation, improving everything we do. Introducing the amazing technology of Glowforge opens up their curiosity and ability to create the world around them. As an Education Inside Sales Account Manager, you know that educators with powerful technology can unlock the inventiveness in every learner, so they can make a difference. You’ll maintain and grow sales in the world of education in order to transform the way people teach, learn and work.
Without you, all these interested potential customers may never know what it’s like to be a Glowforge owner. You’re the one who can help them fulfill their dreams.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You love sales and startups and you balance standard methodologies with experimentation and confidence with modesty. You’re also a strong sales personality and an expert at presenting. And, you are calm and collected under pressure. You empower others to learn, be curious, and ultimately share your passion for Glowforge.
- You are committed to growing our partners in education. As an Education Inside Sales Account Manager, you’ll build a large pipeline of business, demonstrating the value of our product for learners, sharing forecasting methods and increasing sales and reach in named accounts.
- You’ll learn what Glowforge is currently doing with our constant flow of leads and resolve the best way to build and grow our reach in K-12 and Higher Education. You’ll build on our standard methodologies and strengthen a team that grows our business. With a strong history of successful sales achievement, you possess strong negotiation skills, and excel in maintaining client and vendor relationships You will be doing the following:
- Quickly learn all about Glowforge and our customers, from the depths of the technology to the delight of how they use it.
- Working with education clients who are considering a Glowforge printer, you’ll articulate and optimally present our solution to close opportunities. You’ll respond positively to hesitation and objections, too.
- Attend trade shows and conventions to share your favorite lesson plans and first-hand items made on a Glowforge.
- Build sales opportunities, increasing sales by calling and influencing at all levels into accounts, and understand customers needs and aspirations.
- Work to prepare forecasts and build out useful and realistic territory plans and strategies to achieve sales growth opportunities.
You need these qualifications
- You have a relevant four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You have consultative selling experience in education and deliver on short term goals while crafting consistent value for customers.
- Your consistent track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives such as revenue targets and pipeline growth proceeds you.
- You have experience selling hardware, software and ancillary products directly to into Higher Education or the top 100 K-12 school districts
- Solid understanding of navigating longer sales cycles, procurement requirements and have ideas about how to expand account growth and happiness simultaneously.
It would be nice if...
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what!
- You have worked at a startup or fast-growing technology company.
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us why you'd love to work with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of a diverse group of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.