E-Commerce Developer (Ruby On Rails)
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why we need you
We want everyone to experience the magic of printing things on a Glowforge. Our mission means making our products more affordable, easy to purchase, and appealing to everyone, around the world.
You are the one who makes that happen!Every Glowforge that finds a new home starts with a customer who decides to purchase through your software. Every design, every piece of materials, every print depends on one critical connection: a new customer connecting with a new opportunity through the experience you build.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will work with a small team of e-commerce developers to deliver extraordinary shopping experiences on the frontend, and reliable integrations on the backend. That means:
- Customizing our Shopify storefront and adding new features as needed
- Fine-tuning the store to be modern, reliable, and highly optimized
- Supporting the launch of Glowforge into additional countries
- Maintaining and improving our referral program
- Collaborating with our growth team to run high-velocity experiments
- Safely handling our customer’s personal information
- Integrating multiple backend systems to ensure that our financials, taxation, and inventory are precisely tracked
- Building tools for our Customer Success team so that they have everything they need to delight our beloved customers
You need these qualifications
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 2 years of professional experience in developing large-scale retail e-commerce systems.
- You’ve built custom integrations for an e-commerce system with other major systems such as Netsuite, Zendesk, and Klaviyo.
- You have worked with multiple internal partners such as marketing, sales, accounting, and logistics, effectively presenting schedules and trade-offs.
It would be nice if…
- You have worked with Shopify Plus
- You have worked for a company that sells both physical and digital goods
- You’ve got experience creating, running, and learning from experiments to optimize sales
- You have worked at a start-up or a fast-paced, growing company.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account is fine. We can’t wait to meet you.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.