Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. We have a history of setting ecommerce records: we had the biggest 30-day crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
We want to make it possible for everyone to experience the magic of printing things on a Glowforge. Our mission means making our products ever more affordable, easy to purchase, and appealing to everyone, around the world.
You are the one who makes that happen.
Every single Glowforge that finds a new home starts with a customer who decides to purchase through your software. Every design, every piece of materials, every print depends on one critical connection: a new customer connecting with a new opportunity through the experience you create.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’ll be working with a small team of ecommerce developers to deliver phenomenal shopping on the frontend, and reliable integrations on that backend. That means:
- Working to migrate our commerce from a heavily modified fork of Solidus to Shopify Plus
- Fine tuning the store to be modern, reliable, and highly optimized
- Continuing to add features to the new store
- Building and fine-tuning referral systems and personalized recommendations
- Collaborating with our growth team to run high-velocity experiments
- Safely managing our customer’s personal information
- Integrating multiple backend systems to ensure that our financials, taxation and inventory are precisely tracked
- Building tools for our Customer Success team so that they have everything they need to delight our beloved customers
You need these qualifications
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 2 years of professional experience in developing retail e-commerce systems.
- You have worked with multiple internal stakeholders such as marketing, sales, accounting, and logistics, effectively communicating deadlines and trade-offs.
- You’ve built custom integrations for an e-commerce system with other major systems such as Netsuite, Zendesk, and Sendgrid.
It would be nice if …
- You have used Shopify Plus.
- You have worked for a company that sells both physical and digital goods.
- You’ve got experience creating, running, and learning from experiments to optimize sales.
- You have worked at a start-up or a fast-paced, growing company.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account is fine. We can’t wait to meet you.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.