Document Control Specialist
Glowforge is a 3D laser printer that sits on your desk. It uses lasers to carve and engrave beautiful products from raw materials like wood, leather, cloth – even chocolate.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll see something amazing: Glowforge has had the biggest crowdfunding campaign ever. Bigger than any Kickstarter, bigger than any Indiegogo campaign. People love what we’re building and can’t wait to get their Glowforge so they can start creating things themselves…
Why We Need You
We’re shipping huge numbers of products to gifted designers, crafters, creators, and educators around the world. Every one of them expects and deserves the incredible experience that Glowforge has to offer.
The key to that experience is being able to deliver a perfect product to them, every time. With over five hundred components and suppliers from around the globe, that only happens if we’re all on the same page.
You’re the one who makes that happen.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
- You’ll manage all controlled documents at Glowforge, working with the team and our partners to understand and enforce the right set of requirements.
- You’ll make sure change orders happen quickly and efficiently.
- You’ll continually consider the performance of our document controls and constantly improve our processes and systems.
- You’ll be our Arena PLM system administrator, training customers & charing Change Control Board meetings.
You’ll need these qualifications
- You’re a subject matter expert in Arena PLM, with at least two years of PLM experience.
- You have deep knowledge of electronic record and electronic signature requirements.
- You possess a working knowledge of document control processes.
- You have superb written and oral communications skills with a strong attention to detail.
It would be nice if...
- You have an Associate's or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an engineering or technical field.
- You’ve worked on projects where hardware and software were closely intertwined.
- You’ve got a deep and abiding passion for creating things yourself - with lasers, sewing machines, art supplies, shop tools, or anything else.
- You’ve worked for a growing start-up.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.