Director of Supply Chain
Glowforge has created a 3D laser printer: a beautiful device that sits on your desk and uses a beam of light the width of a single hair to create almost anything, from handbags to robots. It can print from raw materials like wood, leather, cloth – even chocolate. And we’ve got more than 10,000 excited, creative, and delightful customers eagerly waiting for it to arrive on their doorstep.
After wrapping up the biggest 30 day crowdfunding campaign in history, we put together a team of incredible people who we are humbled and excited to call our co-workers. We hail from tech giants like Amazon, Google, and Apple, and top startups like Tableau, Tesla, and Evernote. One thing we have all have in common? We want to build see a future where printing a wallet (or a lamp, or a birthday card, or a stunning sushi wrap) is just as easy as printing a resume.
We’re about to introduce the world to a beautiful device that will catalyze a change in the way things are made. In every department, in every role, our company is for people who are passionate about creating things - from handbags to robots. If that sounds like you, we’re going to do amazing things together. We can’t wait to meet you.
Why we need you
Our singular focus is delivering the best possible product to our customers, as quickly as we can. As the Director of Supply Chain, you’ll be at the heart of this effort. You will build a team that selects our partners, sources key vendors and find the best materials that meet our quality, timing and pricing goals. You and your team will monitor all manufacturing forecasts and ensure that our needed materials are always in stock. You, personally, will think three problems ahead, mitigating risk by finding alternative solutions, locations and components before they’re even needed. By creating a robust supply and delivery chain, you will deliver on the beauty and promise that our customers expect.
You’ll be the person with the deepest and most intuitive understanding of our manufacturers’ production patterns, and the inventory requirements as a result. You’ll use your insights along with production data and statistical analysis to improve predictability and reduce costs without sacrificing our customers’ expectations, including production schedules, warehousing, delivery methods and scheduling. When our customers get their lasers exactly when they expect and are delighted with the results, they’ll have you to thank.
You’ll also coordinate logistical regulatory compliance, including import/export compliance, so nothing stands in the way of a successful delivery to our customers. Finally, you’ll help us integrate our manufacturing processes with QA, and our support and warranty needs, so that if any problem should sneak through, it’s discovered immediately, fixed expeditiously, and prevented from ever happening again.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
- You will develop, optimize and maintain our company’s supply chain in a manner to continually meet our production and quality requirements
- You will work closely with engineering in the development of new products or the resolution of new issues
- You will drive factory production planning, inventory and logistics based on sales forecasts derived from your input and that of marketing and finance
- You will maintain compliance and minimize company risk in regards to imports, exports, and environment, health, and safety (EH&S)
- You will continually improve our product’s reliability and quality by always seeking higher quality components and finding creative methods to drive costs down for our customers
- You will build a superior team that will help you accomplish these objectives
You need these qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in hardware supply chain management
- 5+ years being fully responsible for a hardware supply chain
- Significant hands-on involvement with the selection of vendors and other resources
- Understanding of GAAP as related to inventory management (COGS, FIFO, Data Cost Sets, etc)
- You have delivered a product on time and as according to plan
It would be nice if…
- You have experience working in overseas supply chains
- You have experience with consumer products
- You have experience at a high-growth startup
Please share your resume or Linkedin profile with us, along with a note about your interest in us. We’d love to hear from you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.