Director of Marketing
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
Why We Need You
Glowforge has created a voice and a marketing strategy that served us well, ultimately raising more money than any other 30-day crowdfunding campaign in history. Even better, the company found legions of rabid fans who’ve stood with us through good times and bad, and evangelized our products to anyone who would listen.
All this, and the head of the marketing team is a founder/CEO sporting exactly zero marketing experience.
We need you to take these beginnings and grow them. We aspire to see our products in homes around the world. That doesn’t happen with fancypants salesfolk going door to door. It happens by you building a team to continue what we’ve managed to start: creating a brand and a vision that people fall in love with.
You’re the one who can bring Glowforge to the world.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
We’ve had great success with many of our marketing investments so far, so Job 1 is doubling down on the best of them. That means building an extraordinary marketing team that can execute on and expand upon the strategies that we’ve started with already. From referral programs to email campaigns, paid ads to viral videos, tradeshows to SEO, we’ve developed some great ways to reach and grow our audience - but we need you to take them to the next level. You’ll be:
- Hiring a team of versatile marketers who can take on everything from PR to copywriting to events to ads
- Mentoring your team based on your extensive experience
- Scaling and improving the distinctive marketing programs that have built our community and product to where they are today
- Proposing and experimenting with marketing programs that we’ve never tried
- Managing a marketing budget that’s big enough to buy multiple superbowl ads
- Never ever buying even one superbowl ad.
You need these qualifications
- You have a four year degree or equivalent experience.
- You have extensive consumer marketing experience.
- You’ve managed marketing teams and your employees loved working for you.
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Glowforge.
It would be nice if...
- You have experience in technology companies.
- You have experience in agencies, startups, and large organizations.
- You have experience in many of the areas you’ll lead: PR, social media, video, online ads, traditional ads, events, email marketing, SEO, referral and affiliate programs, and more.
- You have been a part of multiple consumer product launches.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.