Director, Information Systems & Information Technology
SEATTLE, WA | SANTA BARBARA, CA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle or Santa Barbara, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to one of these beautiful cities.
Why We Need You
Our company is growing incredibly fast, and we need your experience and leadership superpowers building our business systems capabilities to scale ahead of our rapid growth.
With high growth comes an increase in complexity as we rapidly expand our number of disparate systems and onboard disconnected tools making it increasingly challenging to plan our business, measure progress and collaborate. This role is essential to our success because without your experience, energy, creativity and insight we will not be able to navigate that complexity!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Are you someone who relishes the challenge of making order out of chaos? If so, come lead the transition from a company where our business systems are a drag on our growth to a company where our systems enable governance and drive collaboration! You will need to quickly understand the current state of our systems, define a target state architecture and put a roadmap in place to get us there. More specifically you will:
- Collaborate across all departments to map out existing system capabilities, define future capabilities, identify gaps, develop a roadmap to achieve target state and execute on that roadmap.
- Provide advice and consultancy on strategy to business and operating teams helping us strike the balance between agility and system reliability.
- Build out and lead the team that manages all aspects of IS/IT from providing our employees with fantastic IT help to defining and delivering the next generation of business tools and business practices that power our growth.
- Find, contract and manage 3rd party consultants, developers and system integrators as needed to transform our IT landscape.
This is a role reporting to the COO of the company.
You need these qualifications
A good mix of solid technology acumen combined with the ability to design, formulate and effectively drive our technology strategy and vision. You will also need:
- A broad knowledge and perspective in both business processes and information technology
- Demonstrable experience with startups who are moving from the early stage to high growth
- A minimum of 12 years deploying tools and systems, defining architecture and driving changes to business processes with at least 5 years leading teams.
- Strong executive presence and a proven history of transformation management
- You have a relevant 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- You are an empathetic communicator who connects easily with people of all different backgrounds, skills, roles, and perspectives
It would be nice if…
- You have experience setting up critical business and operational processes in enterprise software environments using Shopify and NetSuite.
- You are creative and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.