Design Catalog Administrator - Contract Role
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
This is a temporary, remote role where you will work from your own home or office and collaborate virtually with our team. This role may be either full time (40 hours/week) or part time (10-30 hours/week) depending on your availability.
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything. We'd love to have you join us.
Why we need you
Every day, our customers are discovering new occasions to print something magical - heirlooms for a loved one, functional everyday tools, or festive decorations for their home. Sometimes they want a spectacular project that they just can’t design on their own or want something fast, easy, and pre-designed. That’s when they look to our Design Catalog.
Our Design Catalog features beautifully crafted, ready-to-print designs for tens of thousands of Glowforge customers. Our incredible team of designers and creators are creating beautiful new prints. And one day we’d love to offer a catalog with everything our customers dream of. We need your exceptional attention to detail to prepare and manage incoming designs for our Design Catalog, and deliver an exceptional experience our customers know and love.
When a customer chooses a design from our Design Catalog, we want them to experience perfect prints every time - starting from the display and presentation of a design in our store, to opening a design that is perfectly aligned to their printer with printer settings pre-configured. Our designs are print tested, pre-formatted for Glowforge printers, and often accompanied by step-by-step photographed instructions to eliminate any need for trial and error. We think you’re the one that makes this possible.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You’ll join the product team where you will be the key in turning incredible designs into amazing catalog experiences.
- Work closely with our product team to create and manage a pipeline of new designs from designers to add to our Design Catalog.
- Validate and prepare new designs to be added to our catalog:
- Work with content designers to understand the best practices designing for Glowforge.
- Verify that design files are properly set up and pre-formatted for printing.
- Print, assemble, and photograph designs.
- Create step-by-step photograph instructions to ensure customers know exactly how to assemble their prints.
- Perform test prints on different materials to determine the best print settings
- Create and manage design listings in the Glowforge Design Catalog
- Ensure listing titles and descriptions are accurate.
- Add associated photographs, instructions, and design details
You’ll Need These Qualifications:
- You own a Glowforge and are familiar with the ins and outs of the Glowforge App and Catalog.
- You are familiar with vector design software such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape.
- You are familiar with product photography basics, including lighting, focus, cropping, color balancing.
- You are experienced in reviewing and entering data in a variety of software platforms, including Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and data management dashboards.
- You are methodically organized with strong written skills in managing a process.
It would be nice if…
- You’ve worked in a startup environment before, and understand the ambiguity (and thrill) that arise and can still move confidently even when guidance is limited.
- You have created or managed an online store and created listings for products.
- You are a maker or crafter who loves making things with your hands - 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
- You are an early adopter of new technology and love diving deep into new products and applications.
We’d love to hear from you. Just send us a resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile. And please, send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.