Data Analyst, Growth
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Why We Need You
The Glowforge Growth team has the best job in town: we’re the ones who get the magic of Glowforge into new hands who we know will love it.
We’re a data-minded team that’s conducting dozens of experiments a month - in paid ads, in email, on our site, and more. We believe data tells its own story, and to do our best work, we learn from it, each and every day.
That means you have one of the most critical jobs in the company: helping us understand our customers, and how we can reach more of them.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Our team identifies tactics to build growth for our company that isn’t a stunt or a one-off event, but that compounds over time. But we only have so many people, time, and money to do so. With your work, we’ll be able to identify the key moves we should make - now and in the future.
Many customers take months (even years) to decide they are going to get their own Glowforge. So we need to understand the data behind how we’re engaging with them, over time.
We'll ask you to dig into our advertising data, our website traffic, our email metrics, our referral program - even our livestream! Connect the dots between what you find and be in charge of crafting an all-up model of our funnel, with all of the entry and exit points. Work with individual channel owners to build impactful dashboards for each of our programs to help super-charge our next phase of growth.
But beyond helping us address our current challenges, you'll spend dedicated time every day digging into the data, searching for ideas or tactics that will make an impact on our growth. We know email signups are powerful, but what sources of traffic are the most impactful? Do buyers watch our videos, or do our videos turn watchers into buyers? How much more valuable are referred customers?
If you’re curious, and love studying data to gain insight - we have the job for you.
Key job functions:
- Build and improve the models we use to understand and improve our growth
- Sleuth through our data to illuminate our business, answering questions and crafting dashboards
- Share the wisdom you find around the company, from your colleagues out to the executive team.
- Help build the tools and infrastructure behind our data platform and analysis capabilities.
You need these qualifications
- A four year degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as business, finance, or statistics
- At least five years of professional experience in a similar role
- A solid background in statistical methods (are comfortable calculating the experiment duration to reach a 95% confidence interval, explaining to the team the impact of taking “a peek” at the data as it comes in).
- Experience with marketing teams, and are familiar with ad attribution and multi-touch models
It would be nice if you...
- Have experience in data modeling, such as GLM, time series, SVM, etc.
- Have used Google Analytics, FullStory, or other marketing analytics and web usage tools
- Love the art and science of good communications. Your colleagues look forward to opening your emails and attending your meetings
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of survey and research design
- Have start-up experience working in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.