Customer Service Lead
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll see something amazing: this project is one of the most funded preorder campaigns of all time. People love what we’re creating and can’t wait to get it.
Our founders are three builders from different backgrounds (hardware, software, and design) who’ve each turned products into multimillion-dollar businesses. We’ve got a full electronics lab, machine shop, and makerspace, with 3D printers, sewing machines, optical benches, scrapbook cutters, and a 7-ton CNC vertical mill. This is a company for people who are passionate about creating things. If that’s you, we’re going to have a lot of fun together.
Why we need you
When we launched last fall, it was like the Big Bang in the creation of the Glowforge community. We went from stealth-mode to spotlight in an instant, and now our our very small team has tens of thousands of enthusiastic customers who have pre-ordered a machine that they cannot wait to get their hands on.
Our company will succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. You’re the core of that experience. You’re job is making customers delighted about their Glowforge. You will personify our company to those customers who we depend on for our livelihood. You will join the Customer Success team at the ground floor and being part of creating a powerfully effective and happy team.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Our customers are the best customers, and they have all manner of questions. You’ll consider it your personal responsibility that every one of them has a wonderful experience with Glowforge, from the day they stumble onto our website to the day their Glowforge printer arrives at their home, school, or makerspace, and beyond.
In practice, that means:
- Giving Glowforge customers, both domestic and international, the best product support they’ve ever experienced — technical support tickets, friendly how-to questions, pre-purchase questions, warranty inquiries, and other calls, chats, emails, and forum posts from our current and future customers.
- Coaching a crackerjack in-house team.
- Leading initiatives to develop our tools and processes.
- Analyzing data and discovering what our customers are thrilled and bothered by, then sharing it with the company so we improve every part of our business.
You need these qualifications
- You’ve worked with customers and liked it. You’re great with people and committed to providing the best product support.
- You’re a problem solver — organized, insightful, and undaunted by ambiguity or conflicting priorities. You’re recognized as smart, and insightful. You know how to assess a situation, create a plan, and lead a project to success.
- You’re intrigued by technical terms, vector drawing software, or new hardware. You’re curious and you find satisfaction in explaining complex solutions to others.
- You’ve hired, managed, coached and developed team members who are enthusiastic, positive, and highly productive people who love their work.
- You love communicating: you’re an excellent writer and a champion listener.
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building, doesn’t matter what.
It would be nice if…
- You’re technically-savvy – an engineer, computer programmer, former Geek Squad employee, or maybe just your household IT expert.
- You have experience at a small company like a tech startup.
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. If you have any supplementary information, like an online portfolio, please share that with us too.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.