Customer Service Associate
Denver, Colorado - TemporaryApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we're creating. It's not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we're crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It's already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it's available at retail, the fun is really starting.
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company is going to succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. When customers experience a challenge, they’ll come to us expecting us to make it right. That’s where you come in. When our customers encounter difficulties, whether it’s a missing shipment or a question about how to use their Glowforge, you’ll help them get back on track. You’ll ask great questions, notice emerging patterns, write excellent bug reports, and figure out how to describe complicated things in really simple steps so that they can get back to printing happily. While they may start frustrated or confused, you’ll leave our customers warmly supported and glowing with delight.
Here's what you'll be doing
Taking care of our customers. You’re going to teach people about Glowforge and you’ll answer questions and resolve challenges related to customer accounts, shipments, returns, and more. You’ll pride yourself on your empathy, patience, and creative problem-solving skills. Our customers will rave to their friends about the outstanding customer service you provide. You’ll start by communicating with customers through email and may expand to chat & phone. We’ll give you access to a huge knowledge base of answers and ideas, and you’ll draw on that resource and your own fantastic people-skills to provide a great response to each customer who reaches out.
Learning. You’ll learn about our company, our product, and our customers. You’ll learn and use a number of tools, too, including Zendesk, Shopify, and proprietary software to research customer issues and arrange solutions.
Noticing what we can do better. In between customer interactions, you’ll notice patterns across our customer service team and come up with ideas about what we can do to improve.
You need these qualifications
- You are located in the Seattle or Denver areas, or will be soon.
- You care about people, and you love finding solutions to customer challenges.
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience providing customer service in writing or over the phone.
- You have experience with ticketing systems like Zendesk, Kustomer or similar for customer correspondence
- You’re adept at asking good questions to clearly understand customer needs and narrow down possible solutions.
- You are comfortable using a computer and are experienced with a variety of software applications. You’re comfortable with email, documents, and spreadsheets and have used a ticketing system like Zendesk or Kustomer. You may be a savvy user or ecommerce, financial, shipping or warranty systems.
It would be nice if...
- You’re excellent at written communication and have provided support by email, chat or community forum
- You have experience working from home with geographically distributed teams
- You are personally passionate about what Glowforge is building
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.