Creative Producer/Project Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Every great creative team has that one person who just… makes it all work. You know – you are that person.
Whether it's managing last-minute changes on a photo shoot or having to redesign our entire ad campaign from scratch because an algorithm changed, you can keep the project on schedule and protect the designers from confusion and distraction.
Simply put, because of you, everyone else produces the best work of their professional lives.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be the air traffic controller for the in-house creative team that supports growth marketing, PR, product, and retail operations. It’s a big job!
You’re able to keep a large and multi-disciplinary band of designers, writers, developers, and marketers on track. You’re a gifted creator, an effortless facilitator, and you’re hard-wired for organization. In this role you will:
- Figure out exactly what processes are in place for producing fantastic work at Glowforge, and make all of them better.
- Help team leads across the company get what they need from the creative team, while helping prioritize (and triage) competing demands for resources.
- Clearly communicate to different teams exactly what’s going on, and what they can expect on any given project.
- Strategize, scope and execute complex projects and qualitatively and quantitatively measure the impact of those initiatives.
You need these qualifications
- You have kept other fast paced creative teams running efficiently even as project increased in complexity and size
- You have a deep understanding of the creative process, from start to finish
- Your past teammates love working with you, and they’d work with you again in a heartbeat
- When chaos struck you were the one who calmly provided clear guidance
- You’ve used project management software before to keep your teams on track (like Asana, Basecamp, Jira, Trello, etc)
- Inefficiency bothers you, and you ruthlessly purge it from your projects
- You have 5+ years of experience with increasing levels of impact and a 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if…
- You have creative chops of your own, even if you haven’t dusted them off in a while. Design, writing, theater, etc. It all counts! You know how to work with other creatives and speak their language.
- You’ve managed creative marketing projects in a high growth startup
- You have an expansive rolodex of other creatives who do amazing work
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.