Creative Director, Growth
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com to get just a taste of what it can do.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re building. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
Sound like something fun to talk about?
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this alluring city.
Why We Need You?
Our company will succeed or fail based on our ability to effectively communicate to customers that Glowforge ownership is amazing, empowering, delightful, and in many cases ultimately life-changing. I realize this might sound like a pitch for a poorly planned timeshare arrangement or sketchy diet plan... but these are the words actual customers use to describe their experience as Glowforge owners. 80% of our owners weren’t looking for a laser when they stumbled upon Glowforge, and we know there are millions more just like them - if only we can get them to fall in love with our incredible product!
We need clear vision, creative ideas, keen analysis, and quick actions to tell the Glowforge story. We need your experience leading a group of creatives that turn data into ideas, test ground breaking creative concepts, and run at such a fast clip that the team is astounded by the speed and quality of deliverables.
Through your leadership, we’ll transform the Glowforge brand, make our ad dollars work harder for us, and reach millions more through all of our marketing channels. And - perhaps most important of all - you’ll build one of the most impactful creative teams in the business.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Our product is like a Swiss watch: simple on the outside, incredibly complex on the inside! Your job is demystifying laser-powered technology, showing the millions of possibilities Glowforge owners have available, and how it can transform a school, family activity, or small business. We're looking for a leader to tackle this complexity and create can’t-put-it-down, must-learn-more content that makes Glowforge a household name.
As the Creative Director at Glowforge, you’ll own creative strategy and execution - including brand ownership for all marketing and ecommerce efforts - and will build a team of outstanding artists, designers, writers, videographers (both in-house and external). Further, you'll test everything your team creates, partnering with Glowforge marketers to identify what messages resonate, in what channels, at what time, so that we all become an expert on our future customers.
- 10+ years of creative direction and marketing responsibility in a fast-paced company environment, including 5+ years leading creative teams to ambitious goals.
- You’re an authority on creative for a variety of content channels - ads, YouTube, TV, email, blog posts, and much, much more.
- You’ve identified and executed on creative content campaigns - outside the norm - that garnered nominations, awards, or media attention.
- You’re analysis-obsessed. ESP data, Facebook & Google Analytics, Tableau reports - all part of your daily routine and go-to tools for problem solving.
- You’ve worked extensively with creative agencies and freelancers, and know how to be an effective partner, holding them to high standards.
It would be nice if you have...
- Held leadership roles at both startups and big companies
- Experience with software, hardware, and B2C products.
- A deep passion for crafting, making, designing, building, or 3D printing.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about a campaign you led that you’re proud of, and how you led your team to this incredible outcome.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.