Copywriter, Growth & Creative
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We need to get the word out about Glowforge, and you know how to write words that work.
With a good keyboard in front of you, you can do it all. You have a well-developed toolkit that you’re ready to apply to the always-in-flux needs of a growing startup.
You write quickly and thoughtfully – and people love reading what you write. You play well with others, and love collaborating with other creatives to get wonderful work out into the world.
You've got a strong intuitive sense for how to put together a pithy sentence to achieve the exact right effect, and you back that up with attention to your audience’s response.
With you on the team, everything we do – from Facebook ads to Superbowl commercials – will get better.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be writing so many different things. You’ll be on the Creative team, working closely with the Growth team to make efficient, compelling ads.
Day-to-day, you’ll collaborate with a small team of other designers, writers, editors, marketers, and developers to:
- Tell Glowforge’s story to as many people as possible
- Create the most effective digital ads you can dream up
- Support cross-team projects, like website development, app updates, and PR initiatives.
You need these qualifications
- You have written words that work before, probably as a copywriter, but maybe as a comedian, television writer, or journalist. The important thing is that you have the toolkit to write commercially.
- You pay attention to how your writing is received, whether that’s by looking at the performance data or listening for the laughs in the room. In response, you are constantly tweaking your work to make it better.
- You’ve been part of a successful creative or marketing team, and together y’all produced great work.
- Your past teammates loved working with you, and they’d work with you again in a heartbeat.
- You write emails other people love to read.
It would be nice if…
- You understand how Facebook and Google and all of the other ad platforms work, and you’ve written for them before. Writing 100 new ads because Facebook changed their algorithm last week is no big deal.
- You’ve worked at a startup before. We’re fast-growing and fast-moving, and it might take some getting used to otherwise.
- You love making stuff! We’re a “making stuff” company, after all.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the work you’re most proud of in your portfolio.
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.