Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We are striving to create a business that will last for decades! For that, we need to balance forward-thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and rigorous controls - and that’s where you come in. Many companies lose sight of their fundamentals during high growth but that won't happen at Glowforge because you and your team will make sure we stay true to our commitments in the Financial Plan. Furthermore, your deep experience and outstanding leadership will help us anticipate and prepare for the challenges and opportunities created by continued growth.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
As a passionate, hands-on Controller you will be a key leader on the Finance team reporting to the CFO. You’ll own a myriad of high-touch responsibilities, both tactical and strategic. Your work will have a broad impact, creating the processes that others will follow. You’ll ensure that we follow the highest levels of care and integrity in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as you lead the team in the monthly financial close process, review staff work, and ensure our financial statements are compliant. You are the main liaison with our financial auditors and will get our control environment and processes and procedures ready for the road to IPO.
You will analyze key financial and operating data to improve the business, then communicate the data and your conclusions clearly to business owners. You will be responsible for unique financial projects and will be the owner and operator of our Accounting systems. Most importantly, you will lead the accounting team, responsible for not only their daily duties but also for their growth and development as professionals.
Do you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars to billions in revenue? If so, then you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge!
- You will have 10+ years of expertise in your area, a CPA license and deep technical accounting abilities.
- You are a confirmed specialist working and coordinating across multiple teams. You are an empathetic communicator and leader who connects easily with people of all different backgrounds, skills, roles, and perspectives.
- You have prepared a company for registration and IPO and have created Quarterly Reports for a public company.
- People who have worked for you say you’re one of the greatest managers they’ve ever worked for, and would leave their jobs to work for you again.
It Would Be Nice If
- You have Big 4 public accounting experience.
- You have prior accounting experience with a start-up, a manufacturing company or both.
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.