Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Since Day 1, we have existed for and because of one reason: our community. Glowforge customers are an amazing group of people who print incredible things! Yes, they make everything from larger-than-life art to miniature dollhouses. But what they’re really making is their dreams a reality.
As Glowforge’s Community Manager, you’ll go further than simply supporting our community; you will become an integral part of it. By investing the time to build real relationships, you’ll ingratiate yourself with our customers - and then use your insight to create scalable systems to help us better serve our rapidly growing community.
You know how everyone’s always saying you have an “x factor?” You easily connect with people of all different backgrounds and perspectives because of your genuine curiosity and extraordinary communication skills. But this isn't your standard corporate communications gig, and that's perfect for you. You can shift from celebrating major achievements to navigating tough terrain, all while keeping your calm focus around taking care of our current and future customers.
That’s exactly why you’re just the person Glowforge and our community needs.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Simply put: you’ll embody and represent Glowforge, where our customers are, day in and day out.
You’ll foster the Glowforge community today while setting the path for what it will look like for tomorrow, by:
- Defining and executing our community management strategy
- Cultivating meaningful relationships with Glowforge customers
- Turning what you've learned into systems and processes that have bigger impact than what you can achieve alone
- Establishing our presence in new, emerging communities
- Bringing insights to internal teams, so we can systematically improve our approach together
You need these qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience building and fostering world-class communities, using major and emerging social media platforms
- Proven track record developing systems to replicate high-touch, manual work
- Leadership experience in online communities - as a Reddit moderator, Facebook Group admin, or a more obscure position you’ll teach us about
- Empathetic communication and listening skills, plus top-notch cross-functional collaboration skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field
It would be nice if
You’ll fill your days at Glowforge talking to some of the most creative people you’ll ever meet - our customers! It would nice if you have:
- A passion for tinkering, crafting, art - or any of the countless other ways our community is creative
- Familiarity with lasers or similar technology so you can talk-the-talk - but if not, we’ll be happy to teach you
- Personal passion for what we’re building - and can’t wait to get a Glowforge of your own (Now, what to name it….)
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.