Channel Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this alluring city.
Why we need you?
Today, you can only buy Glowforge on our own site and Amazon. Our Growth team does a phenomenal job reaching our audience through all the various means available through social, email, etc. That’s lead to enormous growth and millions in monthly revenue. But what about all those people we can’t reach through the internet? Or, those folks that want to see and touch a product before they buy it? You can help us serve them too.
You are going to give our customers options. We need you to add new retailers, e-tailers and distributors to the Glowforge family to accelerate our growth. But, we can only do that with your expertise. Whether they see our product in a store, on a new website or at a trade show, it’s essential they understand how Glowforge can change their lives.
Whether it’s a single store or a mass retailer, your efforts are going to bring Glowforge into the sunshine. When people see us, it’ll be because you where the trailblazer that helped show us to them.
Here’s what you will be doing
This position allows you to help build the whole distribution channel outside our own site from the ground up. You’ll be involved in presenting Glowforge to our new potential partners. Once we close new channels, you will identify the best way to display our products, educate our partner’s employees and make certain our message is easily communicated to the end consumer. Whether it’s in the form of POP material or working on consumer packaging you’ll get our message across everywhere a Glowforge is displayed.
Having worked with the largest retailers and e-tailers in the country, you will know how to effectively utilize their marketing assets in the most advantageous and cost effective manner. You are a negotiator at heart and never take the first offer as the best offer. Knowing that startups make tradeoffs regarding where to spend, you always look for the highest ROI and present options accordingly.
As the first channel marketing person at Glowforge, you understand you’ll need to be scrappy. From developing a channel marketing strategy to filling out a complicated setup sheet, to monitoring sell-thru on a weekly basis, it’s all part of the fun being first.
You need these qualifications:
- You have at least 7 years of experience working with retailers and e-tailers from the manufacturer’s side, with a relevant four year degree or equivalent work experience.
- You’re passionate about selling, and love using your skills to build great businesses.
- You’ve owned responsibility for developing displays, retail plan-o-grams and know how to merchandise in multiple retail environments.
- You’ve managed outside contractors that provide services including display companies, graphic design, packaging experts, etc.
- You’ve built great presentations that have closed major partners.
- You are strong analytically because you know that sell-thru is what drives the business.
- You are great at working with cross functional teams such as operations and sales to make sure the customer and the consumer are delighted.
It would be nice if:
- You have experience in consumer hardware.
- You’re experienced marketing products that make things.
- You’ve worked at a startup or rapidly growing company and thrive in the fast pace, self-starting environment.
- You thrive being a team of one but have experience building teams as well.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.