Senior Partner Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
Are you someone who can inspire multi billion dollar partners to offer their best performance in terms of quality, delivery and pricing, as well as their best technology and resources to support your Products? If so, then we need you!Glowforge is entering a new chapter with exponential growth. We are designing new products and broadening our portfolio of manufacturing partners to deliver our magic to more people than ever before. But we cannot successfully do this without your skilled experience in managing elite partners. Join us and teach us how to get top performance from the top manufacturing companies in the world!
Here’s what you will be doing
Each Glowforge is comprised of thousands of individual parts from various suppliers from all over the world. As Senior Partner Manager, you’ll be responsible for the relationship and performance of our contract manufacturers and be working hand in hand with Design, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to launch new, high quality products and to continue to expand capacity, reduce cost and improve the quality of our existing products.
Specifically, you will:
- Own multiple highly strategic supply chain partnerships
- Develop standard methodologies for cost transparency, performance management and commercial term reconciliation.
- Enable global expansion, ensuring reliable supply of high quality products while using cost modeling methodologies to manage Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Develop and implement commodity strategies for contract manufacturing and electronic components
- Develop a deep technological understanding of your Products and scout the supply market for trends and top tier partners
- Negotiate multi million dollar commercial contracts which are optimized to secure the highest quality, consistent continuity of supply and competitive pricing.
- Develop outstanding supplier relationships, maximize supplier capabilities and hold suppliers to high performance (quality, delivery, cost, technology and support) standards
- Support new product development, sustaining activities and the development of advanced sourcing processes and systems
Need These Qualifications:
You must be an analytical and strategic problem solver who shifts easily from highly strategic work to very detailed, tactical work and you need extensive experience having managed top tier supply chain partners.
Specifically you need:
- An engineering degree (BS / MS) or equivalent experience
- A minimum 7 years of experience managing Tier 1 contract manufacturersExperience leading operational processes with your manufacturing partners
- You are an exceptional negotiator.
- You consistently win major concessions while keeping a positive relationship.
- Both internal and external partners love working with you because you’re clear, collaborative and build trust.
- Your objective approach and drive for continuous improvements only strengthens the excellent relationship you have built with suppliers
- You are available to travel up to 60% of the time
It would be nice if…
- You have a deep understanding of the electronic component market and have a network with key players
- You have experience with optical and laser technologies and supply markets
- You are passionate about working in a startup environment, in which you often have to develop and standardize new approaches.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.