Today I heard our normal morning mating call of, 'Have you seen my sunglasses?. And today I decided to do something about it. So as usual, I jump into Fusion 360. Whipped something up. While I was designing it, I wanted to do something ‘Snazzy’. For one I wanted them to be color coded. And secondly I wanted to use two different materials.
I decided I was going to paint the bottom half of both holders and the stock already had the pre-mask on it which made that easy. So I added an extra line to convert over to a score once I moved the file over to the UI. That way I can paint the bottom without making a mess.
And in the interest of saving time, I wanted to run both the birch plywood (non-proofgrade) and the 1/4" Acrylic (non-proofgrade) at the same time.
The op took just under 5 mins.
Took the main bodies outside. Hit them with some paint. Then applied a matte clear coat on them.
Clear Matte Finish.
Simple. But functional.