My first lithophane experiment
Posted by
Joined Nov 8, '15 

I was recently gifted with a couple nice big pieces of 1/4" white acrylic (not Proofgrade but still very nice) and I decided to use it to experiment with doing a lithophane.

I chose this photo of a night-blooming cereus that I took of the one in my yard that bloomed last year:


I used the new portrait mode on an iPhone XS to isolate the flower from the background, and it worked great!

Here’s the resulting lithophane:


It’s a start!

The process I used was: photo --> .stl model --> depth map --> Photoshop convert to PNG --> Glowforge.

Edit: process description is now available here --> How I made my lithophane

Hundreds of ideas brought to life
Explore Acrylic projects.
A new Zen old bottom new top

Pre Release: Mini PC Shelf

Jewelry Junkie

Draftboard can be beautiful!