For a surprise party (SHHH! DON’T TELL MY FRIENDS!) I ended up buying a bag of replacement meeple for board games and etched the names of the attendees.
Pretty standard procedure. Created a template, cut the shapes out of cardboard, populated the template, etched the names. Settings were 340/1, though I gave it two passes in most cases.
This things are itty bitty, about the size of a dime, so this was some precise work. Came out great! Also, strangely, the metallic ones threw warnings when the Glowforge scanned them, warning they were too thick. I suppose the reflectivity confused the sensor. No problem once I actually started etching, though.