So here’s the thing: we’re reinventing homemade by giving people a magical box that can print a limitless variety of beautiful and useful products. With lasers!
Our founders are three geeks of different subspecies (hardware, software, design) who’ve each turned products into multimillion-dollar businesses. We’ve got a full electronics lab, machine shop, and maker space, with 3D printers, scrapbook cutters, optical benches, and a 7-ton CNC vertical mill. If you like to make things, you’re going to have a lot of fun here.
We managed to land a set of investors who not just help us but inspire us: entrepreneurs like Bre Pettis, Greg McAdoo, Hiten Shah, Chris DiBona, Renee DiResta, and Ben Elowitz. We’re fully funded now and working hard to make Glowforges available in December, but we’ve got a lot to do to make that happen! That’s where you come in.
- Optimizing Linux for a realtime, embedded application.
- Creating a firmware update system.
- Architecting and coding high availability server-side systems to communicate with installed machines.
- Implementing software PID controllers.
- Developing bit level hardware communications protocols.
You have these core qualifications:
- Proven strong coding skills in C/C++.
- 3 or more years of industry experience.
- You’ve been responsible for shipping a product that people love.
- You’re passionate about writing great software…and still know that you sometimes have to make some tradeoffs to ship quickly.
These aren’t required, but you’d get bonus points if:
- You have experience writing drivers.
- You have firmware/embedded experience.
- You have circuit design / electrical engineering experience.
- You’ve worked with real-time embedded Linux.
- You have server-side experience with technologies like Ruby/Rails, Docker, and cloud providers.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a Linkedin profile or GitHub account are fine.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.